Swing Fit is the fun, healthy and social way for women to get started in golf. This is the program where you will:
– have fun in a relaxed environment
– learn and develop your skills through a range of golf activities and games
– get your whole body moving with golf specific exercises that will improve your flexibility and conditioning
– progress and succeed with like-minded women
The program runs for 6 weeks with each session lasting 75mins and the cost is $120 per person for the 6 weeks.
Swingfit is Australia’s national women’s program to encourage female participation in golf. It provides a social, supportive, developmental and fun introduction to golf.
To register for the classes or learn more about the program visit www.swingfit.com.au
You can also register with the club if you are interested. Please contact Lynne Hawkey (9497 1000)
Latrobe Junior Program
For those parents or grandparents of children showing some interest in golf we are looking at creating a junior program that sets a pathway in motion for them to become firstly willing participants in clinics, to cadet members, junior members and ideally enjoying a lifetime love affair with the game of golf.
For more information please contact Russell Kelly in the Golf Shop on 9497 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Clinics- 5 Week Series
Are you aware of the Women’s clinics that we offer? The 1st of the 5 Week Clinics will recommenced from Saturday 16th March and be each week as part of a 5 week series. Cost will be $140 per person or if you bring a friend you each receive a $20 discount.
Clinic Format: Each alternating week the clinics focus on either the swing at the range, or the short game. Clinics are open to players ranging from complete beginners to pennant players. Whatever golfing level you are at, the clinic will work on the parts of your game that can help you progress. You are under no obligation to come every week, we just ask you book through the Pro Shop (ph. 9497 1000) by Thursday evening, so that we can keep numbers down to approximately 6 for each clinic.
After the clinic, you are welcome to have a coffee in the Clubhouse.
Midweek Tune up Clinic
A midweek tune up clinic will be held each Thursdays at 9am – 10am each week for $20 per person from the 21st March. This is for anyone needing a quick tune up and no requirement to attend each week and limited to 6 people.
On designated Thursdays (every 4-6 weeks) there will be no clinic but an organized game of golf with a couple of existing members to help the clinic participants progress to regular golf course play. The whole concept is to create an environment where ladies feel comfortable and have fun whilst improving their game at a low cost.
Introductory Package $850
The club is still offering its Introductory Package, which is excellent value. The package includes:
- 12 x 9 hole games of golf or 6 x 18 hole games
- 2 x vouchers for 2 guests for 9 or 18 holes on Monday-Friday
- 5 x golf clinics or 2 x private ½ hour lessons
- Full use of the clubhouse, course and practice facilities Monday-Friday
- Golf warm up techniques
- Rules, etiquette and course care instruction
- Professional equipment advice and a 10% discount voucher for initial equipment purchase
- On course mentoring with current members
- A complimentary $150 food and beverage credit that can be used in the clubhouse.
And, this package can be used to reduce your joining fee, if you decide to become a full member.
For more Information
For more information about membership options, contact Lynne Tinetti, our Membership Officer on 9497-1000. For information about clinics, or to book for one, please contact the Pro Shop, also on 9497-1000. Latrobe Golf Club Alphington has a vibrant ladies group and welcomes players at all levels of experience.
Individual Coaching Times
Tony Craswell – Head Professional
- Certified PGA Professional
- AAA rating Coaching
- Coaching Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
Russell Kelly- Director of Golf
- Certified PGA Professional.
- Coaching Days: Various
Matt Doran – Trainee Professional
- Coaching Days: Various